You’re a dental professional, and you know that your business is only as good as the patients you serve. You want more of them—but how? Let’s crack the code on getting more patients, serving your community, and increase your bottom line! Here are 10 dental marketing strategies to help you get more new patients at your practice.
Update your Website to Look Professional
Updating your website is one of the best things you can do to get new patients. In fact, the average dentist spends about $6,000 per year on marketing, but only about 15% of that goes toward website updates. If you don't have one, get a custom dental website designed as soon as possible.
The first thing people will see when they visit your website is the homepage. It's the gateway for all of the information about your practice and services you have to offer—so it's important that it looks clean, organized, and professional.
A professional-looking website can help attract more patients by:
1) Sending a message that you're trustworthy and reliable—because they're more likely to trust someone who looks like they know what they're doing!
2) Giving potential clients an idea of what kind of service they can expect if they choose your practice over another option in their area (which might not be as well-designed).
3) Showing off how much research has gone into creating this particular piece of content (like an article on our blog). This shows potential patients that we've put effort into making sure everything we write here makes sense—and therefore reflects well on us as professionals
Use Social Media
If you're not already using social media as part of your marketing strategy, now is the time to start! Social media is an effective way to reach potential clients and create brand awareness. It's also free for most businesses, and it can be used by anyone with a computer and internet connection. If you want to get new dental patients without spending thousands on advertising, this might be the answer for you.
1. Social media is free and easy to use.
2. Social media allows you to reach people who may not know about you yet, or who might not be looking for a dentist at all.
3. Social media allows you to tell your story in a conversational tone that makes it feel more natural than traditional advertising methods like TV commercials or billboards in the middle of town (these can actually be quite expensive).
4. Social media allows patients and potential patients to engage with you directly on their own time and in their own way—no waiting around for the next commercial break or driving by your billboard!
Use Patient Reviews and Testimonials
Patient Reviews and Testimonials are a great way to get new dental patients, because they show people that your practice is trustworthy.
For one thing, patients love being able to read about others' experiences with you and can use those reviews to decide if they want to go to your practice. It's also a good way for people who don't know you well to decide whether or not they want to come in for an appointment, since the reviews will tell them what kind of experience other patients have had with you and your team.
It's important that you have patient reviews on all of your marketing materials—including your website and social media accounts—so that potential patients can see them quickly and easily when they're looking into your practice.
Optimize your Website for SEO
Your dental website is the first point of contact for patients who are looking for a new dentist. It’s also an opportunity to show off your practice, and make sure that you stand out from the crowd.
Optimizing your dental website for SEO is an essential step in getting new patients. It helps people find your website when they search for dentists in your area, so that you can be the first name on their list. If you don't optimize your dental website, you run the risk of being buried under other results—leaving potential patients to go elsewhere.
The good news is that optimizing your dental website doesn't have to be hard or expensive! In fact, there are a number of things that you can do to help improve the chances of getting more attention from search engines like Google and Bing:
– Use keywords in your title tag and other meta descriptions
– Use keywords in page titles and subheadings
– Optimize images with ALT text (for SEO purposes)
Bonus tip! Be Involved with the Local Community
Your community is so much more than just your neighbors. It's also the place where you went to school, where you work, and where you spend time with friends. And that's why we think it's important that dentists are a part of their communities—not just to help make sure people have access to good dental care, but also because it's a great way to build up your practice.
1. Get involved in events and activities that happen in your town. You can offer free dental care to participants or just be there to show support.
2. Meet with local organizations that are focused on improving the health of children (or adults). Offer them a discount on dental care if they bring their kids in with an appointment card from this organization.
3. Take part in fundraisers by donating money or services (such as toothpaste) at events like marathons, bake sales, etc. You could even offer free cleanings for people who make a donation or participate in the fundraiser themselves!
To help improve your local search engine optimization, follow these tips or contact Spot On Dental SEO if you would like us to take care of your SEO.